Monday, June 26, 2006

getting lost!

Stepped into a danger zone I did. This afternoon, while roaming around anywhere my feet took me. I must thank my feet. They carry me everywhere I please to go physically. Yet, very rarely, if ever, they complain. Must write about them sometime.

Today too, they took me. The eyes had seen the place before, like many before this and as usual drawn to it, every time, as I walked past. Today was to be different. Before it was realised, I had stepped in. one must go, at least once in a life time…if not every possible time. But, it if time is not on your side… nothing much can be done to help.

There were lots to see. Most interesting specimens. They were of similar shape with varying dimensions. This place while being the most beautiful and tranquil could engulf you within seconds. You become disoriented, kind of; since you don’t know where to turn or where to begin. You are overwhelmed. It’s like the dark. But, once you have gotten used to the darkness, the shapes become familiar. Then you feel at home. At ease. Forgetting time, space, obligations... even yourself. Power such as this, is to be found only in similar place. Another realm much like this in arrangement, in its own laws and physics.

Time wasn’t on my side today. I didn’t have enough of it and it ran out too quickly. Much too quickly, as it usually does in this particular place, as if it gets a dose of adrenalin. (What exactly is time, and why does it have to hurry?). I had to be content with the peek I was able to take, and a precious drop I picked up.

How can a drop be picked up you ask? Well, it can be. as it ought to be..from the danger zone called the bookshop.

No comments: