Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rain ```

It's been raining. Raining in many different sizes of drops. And varying in the speed they drop from the clouds.

I don't think I have quite enjoyed watching closely anything as interesting as rain. It comes from far above, starting to fall where the eye cannot see. Suddenly a silver droplet appears out of nowhere. Then plimp! or a plink! or even plonk! with whatever accompanying sound it likes to make, or maybe with silent symphony, lands on wherever it falls! Leaves and animals may quiver; trees and grass may get wet, buildings sprayed and the scurrying two legged humans hide away under the cover of a brollie. What a lot they lack... where is the sense of thrill gone? Or at least the absolute pleasure in feeling those drops meet you? All that happiness is diminished by parents calling in kids, threatening them with tired old phrases, forcing upon them the utter loss of wonder.

Silver threads, silver drops, a misty spray or a dull grey curtain, makes my day.

Have you ever seen it run down corrugated roof?

Or how it dances upon a glass roof?
The way it runs sideways snaking its way along the windows when the wind blows?
The lovely drops that can bee seen on the windshield?
Threads with no beginnings and no ends continually appear in the light given by the street light?
How it makes tiny pockmarks, splashes and ripples in bodies of water?
How it clings on to your hair, body, clothes...asking to be taken along?

I must go now.
Rain’s knocking on my window.

3 comments:

கார்திக்வேலு said...

Rain ``` - nice creativity
I used to think why it appeals to so many ppl in so many ways ,still not sure I have unearthed the secret

One answer that comes to the mind it that I do not have any bad or uncomfortable memories relating to rain.

Even if its there ..then rain would be seen more as a soothing force in that situation,I guess.

the purpose/method/nature of rain is so NATURAL that its almost like
GOD saying "yo ppl i am happy today love u all and peace" :-)
[note the lowercase i]

=========
comparing this post and ur previous one, How much difference is there in the flow and the jump in the writing !!!

`மழை` ஷ்ரேயா(Shreya) said...

I guess u r right: whatever that has no bad/uncomfy feeling connected, will be seen as a good/enjoyable thing or atleast won't evoke such not so good feelings.

====
thanks. guess I am not a "story" person (surely one who needs to put in lots more effort). after watching so many Thamiz movies, no logic!! ;O)

hopefully the jump was towards the better. :O)

Saravanan said...

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I loved the every single moment that I happened to be with my secret(as we call her as RAIN). I lose myself at times when it pours down from the open sky and when the earth extinguishes its thrist by abosrbing it. I have no more words to write about the Megam Surantha Paaal.....